Home PAKISTAN Israel-Hamas war live: Israel resumes Gaza bombing after truce expires
- The Israeli military says operations have restarted in Gaza after the truce expired, and launches air raids and artillery fire.
- International mediators, including Qatar, Egypt and the United States, had pushed for another extension of the pause, which expired at 7am local time (05:00 GMT) on Friday.
- Thirty Palestinian prisoners have been freed from Israeli jails in the seventh exchange of the truce after more Israeli captives were released in Gaza.
- Top US diplomat Blinken says Israel plans to resume its Gaza offensive, but urges greater protection of civilians in the besieged Palestinian enclave.
- More than 15,000 Palestinians have been killed in Gaza since October 7. In Israel, the official death toll stands at about 1,200.